Tuesday, August 4, 2009

College Prep is in Motion! :)

Hey Everyone! :) I’m so excited to update y’all on different things here and there that have happened since I’ve last blogged. Nothing too big and life changing, but many of the things are steps needed to take to get to college and the moving out process. Move out day for me is August 15th and it’s quickly approaching!
My Dorm Room! I have ordered my dorm room set … that’s the comforter and sham pictured above. I did not get those sheets ... I chose black sheets and pillow shams, as well as one king sized yellow sham. I am really excited … it’s one that came in the XL Twin size that we needed and was on sale! So I got all of my bedding, including the padded thing that’s going underneath for under $140! Mom and I did good (mostly mom)! I also got two black combination sets of a washcloth, hand towel, and bath towel from Wal-Mart. And then I also used one of my Target gift cards and got a few zebra towels to go with ... just to add a little variety to the mixture. I also got one of my old band mom’s to embroider my name on each of my towels in hot pink. It’s going to look so good!
Mono is Gone-o :] For those of you that don’t know, I had a pretty bad case of mono this past month and I’m happy to say I’m much better! I am able to last a whole day without being so exhausted and can lay down on my left side without feeling my spleen. Yay! And yes, I know, I still need to take it easy ... and I do … but it’s so nice to feel better!! With my 16 hour band days coming up soon, I need lots of strength to get me through … so I need to make sure and rest while I can, while still making sure I have the endurance to do what I need to do. LSU Music When I show up to band camp on the 16th I am required to have the LSU school songs memorized. I have been practicing and learning them one by one. The songs are about 7-10 lines long, so it’s not too bad. So far I am 3 for 6! I copied the school song CD from one of my friends, so I put it on repeat and just play along with my computer … it’s so convenient, haha, Kevin hates it though. I am going to have to be hard-core band nerd for 16 hours a day for five days straight in order to make the Tiger Band. The itinerary for the band camp looks pretty hardcore, not going to lie. But I think I have enough determination to make this band, that it should be bearable. If you’d like to start praying along with me, I’d greatly appreciate it! Haha :)
We own a boat …
Yes, Dad broke down and finally bought a boat. Mom swears he’s been talking about it for 10 years or so and wasn’t doing anything about it. He had been talking more and more serious about over the last couple months and we all told him that we wouldn’t believe it until there was a boat in our garage .. and what do you know. The boat is really cute. It’s very simple, but so fun. We just took it to Conroe this past weekend and spent a family day on it. While I did not enjoy the rough ride and the constant bouncing, there’s nothing like watching Mom and Kevin live in the moment and tube their hearts out. It was so awesome to watch them do that. I couldn’t because of my mono-situation, but next time we go out, I’m definitely giving it a try!
Anyways …
Those are the highlights of the past week or so. Nothing to drastic. :) Jacob's gone for the week. He's off to California for his annual fishing trip with his dad, uncle, and other peeps. He seemed really excited about when he left, so I'm happy for him! Him and I just went to a wedding together. One of my friends from high school got married! So we got to get all dressed up fancy and attend. It was so fun to be able to be there and have him there with me. We are so good and I couldn't be happier. He's especially been there a lot for me this past week as I've been in freak-out-about-college mode.
I didn’t realize how chaotic life would suddenly become once college approaches. There is definitely the “I’m going to miss you” factor in the house with me, mom, dad, and especially Kevin, which adds some never before seen tension. It’s something that each of us is going to go through individually. I know, me especially, it’s going to be weird not being the regular 4 that we’ve been used to forever. I’m going to be my own self … and then I’m leaving them here to be the next 3 musketeers. Hopefully we’ll all do fine with the change … that’s my prayer for right now.
That's it for now! I hope all of you are doing wonderful and things are going smooth. Anything new with any of you? I'm on facebook a lot and would love to get a message or two from you! Or an e-mail works too! I love getting updates from all of my closest families .. with the lives we each live on our own, it's so nice to stop and update your's with someone elses! :)
All my love,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Love the update! I am so glad you are feeling so much better and that the Mono is Gone-O! I have some pics of you and Jake all dressed up, I will try to get them to you for future postings... love your bedding, too cute! I will get your fridge over to you this week... a girl can't move into the dorms without a beverage and left-over holder! I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Hannah....I love you! Reading your words leaves me kinda speechless...not totally, as that would be impossible, but NEARLY speechless.....Thanks for starting this. I know it will help me when I become the Leader of the Three Musketeers in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete